Monday, July 29, 2024

Final Delivery

STAR WARS PROJECT SUMMARY:

For this semester in Common Art III, I was recruited to be a part of the rebellion squad that Alliance Commander and Chief, Paige put together. I was completely flattered by her choosing me as her #1 hard-surface prop modeler for the team which I couldn't refuse.
She's a strong project leader and a great friend. I'm glad to have worked on this project with these amazing and talented people around me.

Throughout this project, I was tasked with populating our scene with as many props (and a couple of cute robots) as possible. 

In total, I created 10 (and a half) assets.

The way I was able to create so many assets was 
1. Picked relatively simple shapes to work with
2. Used a mid-poly workflow for the background props - don't have to worry about baking (yay)
3. Recycle props by changing the color of the textures for the crates

Some hiccups/things I learned
- I didn't know beforehand to make a master material and create instances for each prop - saves time in the future
- How to make transparent tinted glass
- How to make an emissive light flicker in-engine


Here are the product shots in UE5:



















































































Honorary Model (Why it's 10 and a half models):
I helped Justin with this neon sign. He modeled the sign, and I UVed and textured it. As well as making a flickering emissive light in-engine.





















Link to Final Project:


No comments:

Post a Comment